Monday, November 16, 2009

Black Women: Does your hair shed excessively?

Why do you lose excessive hair right before its time to get a perm? Personally, I wear a press %26amp; curl, and I am trying to get it done like clockwork every 14 days, but the second week before its time to be done, it starts to major shed. It did the same thing right before it was time to get a perm.



When I say major shedding, I mean like, I can comb through it and have like 10 or 15 hairs in the comb. That is a lot to me.



Black Women: Does your hair shed excessively?

Black hair is very fragile. You could be over conditioning your hair or the opposite, not enough and the hair is breaking off. Try to locate a good stylist, or try a beauty school to get someone to check your hair out



Black Women: Does your hair shed excessively?

agree with first poster. could be your perm is too harsh for your hair type. you should have a "deep conditioning" treatment at least once a month.



afro textured hair needs constant moisture.



you should also sleep with it tied up or on a satin pillowcase each evening as the friction between ones hair and pillow case can cause breakage.



I suggest you investigate another salon that specializes in the condition of the hair. sometimes hair dressers are too busy to focus on the individual needs of a clients hair.



the fact that you are asking questions signals to me that you are willing to take on a greater responsibility for your own hair's maintenance and health.

No comments:

Post a Comment